Thursday, April 1, 2010

You Are Not Forsaken


The Lord threw me a curveball at a recent before-school Bible study and prayer meeting at Trewyn Middle School.

I was all set to share Psalm 103 with the kids and the staff who come to the 6:45 a.m. time in the Library. But this time, a Trewyn staffer came in and shared how she was very worried about proposed cuts in the staff that the District might have to make. She was very concerned for her job.

So the Lord brought to mind Psalm 37:25, which reads "I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken, nor their children begging bread." I shared the truths from this scripture and the staffer seemed to have her spirits lifted. Thank you Lord that your Word gives life.

Are YOU worried about your ability to provide for your family? Take strength from Psalm 37:25 and realize that God is our provider and He has not only made promises; he has made provision.

No comments:

Post a Comment