Monday, May 18, 2009

Encouragement from the Word




I love how many times when we are sharing the Word with someone that we, ourselves get blessed. That happened to me this morning. Maybe this Word will help you, too.

On Mondays at 9:30, I lead the prayer meeting at the Mission and I was teaching on "how to pray when you have no choice but to go through something tough." Our ladies in our New Promise Center shelter for homeless women & children know first hand about this.

In Luke 22:41-45, we see Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemene praying. This is a familiar passage, I am sure to many, but I found something I had overlooked before. Perhaps the Spirit brought it to mind because I needed it...

Verse 43. "An angel from heaven appeared to Him and strengthened Him."

This is big. The previous verse reads "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

What this says to me is this...we are sometimes called to go through trials that there is no other option than to just go through them and out the other side. When we do as Jesus said and surrender our own will, don't be surprised when the Lord sends His angels to strengthen us during the fiery trial. Make it so, Lord.

I needed that today. Maybe you do too?

No comments:

Post a Comment